- 1 Introduction
- 1.1 The knowledge
Tourism is booming in the present context. For numerous reasons, people prefer to have travel. They visit different parts of the world. They meet with new people while
When they get back home, tons of memories are with them. Besides, they also learn more modern things.
Practicing the knowledge in their real-life, they get some tremendous benefits.
On the other part, tourism has many other positive aspects in their life. This is an excellent source of entertainment and relaxation worldwide.
Besides, there are many positive impacts too. The travelers are never tired. They can travel to miles without any troubles. So, the importance of traveling and tourism is beyond description.
However, the term ecotourism is relatively new.
It points to traveling to places which have never been explored before. Or the spots are filled with natural attraction. In ecotourism, travelers visit different physical areas.
The areas are mostly famous for their natural beauties. The critical purpose of ecotourism is to render some knowledge to travelers.
Traveling changes the lives of people. The knowledge about nature helps to enrich life. Formation of natural habitats, local communities, etc. are the major topics.
Luckily, the numbers of such spots are on the rise too. Many of the travelers now find interest in ecotourism. They are discovering newer places and visiting regularly. Traveling also helps to heal such unseen wounds.
Unfortunately, everything in the world has two sides. One is the positive one while the other ones are the negative one. You cannot have a single thing on the planet that comes with merits only. There should be demerits as well.
If you cannot handle the punishments, you cannot enjoy the benefits. So, this is a must for everyone to remain aware of the issue.
Unless this is too late, everyone should come forward. They should join hands in protecting the environment. In this particular blog, we will discuss ecotourism.
Notably, the detrimental impacts on the environment due to ecotourism are the main focus. The sole purpose is to create awareness not to discourage ecotourism.
What is Ecotourism?
Well, the term points to a particular type of travel. The travelers will visit areas close to the environment. Everything around us is the components of the situation.
In that sense, ecotourism refers to explore the nature around us. The travelers visit in preserved areas. Government and private authorities take care of those spaces. This form of tourism is getting fame.
Most importantly, people find a deep sense of pleasure in those places. They have a happy feel. Locations for ecotourism are highly admirable.
They render different kinds of services too. Teaching about nature is an essential aspect of ecotourism. So, there is excitement all the time.
Why is it getting popularity?
The answer is simple. Travelers love to visit and explore charming places. When a traveler finds a quiet and beautiful place, certainly s/ he will visit there.
Almost all the ecotourism spots are enchanting. They contain flora and fauna. The travelers also come to know about the local culture, salutation, etc. They understand how people interact within a small community or society. On the other side, ecotourism delivers some insights.
As a result, the travelers become more affectionate to the environment. The relationship between humans and nature grow clear.
Further, people love variations. They want to see the unseen. Knowing the unknown is natural to humans. So, they keep looking for destinations.
When they get a serene atmosphere, they love to be there. This is another potential reason why ecotourism is getting popular. If you read any ecotourism review, there would be some beautiful words. The descriptions are highly addictive.
You will feel a sense of urgency inside to visit the places immediately. All the matters are making the tourism famous.
What visitors do there?
Firstly, most of the people visit places to have their mental satisfaction. Secondly, some other people want to get the best photos. The locations are genuinely adorable.
Travelers also get their best shots of life. Besides, there is a third category. They visit the places to escape. Seeking relief from the strong city life is their motto. They want to be traceless for a few days.
Therefore, they select the ecotourism. When you are close to nature, you will also feel special.
A visit to the spots can make you feel fresh and vigorous. It helps to get back into life. Earlier, people took part in recreational activities. But now the concept has changed a lot.
With time, people discovered different newer entertainment forms. Ecotourism is one of the types. If you want to know some cultural heritages, visit any such spot.
Seeking ways to learn to be close to nature? Well, ecotourism is there for you. The place is open to life.
The list of the negative impacts is enormous. Human beings are unable to value the asset that they have. The feel the necessity of the asset once it is gone.
Therefore, it becomes tough for them to adjust. The similar matter is taking place with the ecotourism. A devastating impact is hitting the environment around us.
But we are unaware about the issue. When the consequences are visible, we will be able to comprehend what damages we did in the past.
The following impacts will make it clear to the readers.
- Damaging the environment: the initial negative effect is the damage to the environment. The environment suffers the blow severely. When the tourists visit the places, they damage the surrounding environment. Sometimes, they do it intentionally. In other times, the damages are natural. The visitors even do not have any idea how they are damaging. But the accidents take place to a great extent.
The most unlucky event is that they do not take any preventive measure. At times, they are unaware of the preventions. This is the lack of awareness among them. For instance, they throw away bottles and food packets in the spots. It causes severe damage to the environment.
- Contribution to climate change: you might not think how devastating it is. To visit the places of interests, you need to use motorized vehicles. Without a motor vehicle, you cannot reach in the distant parts. This is unfeasible to arrive there with feet alone. So, you need to take a ride. Do you know how the vehicles run? Of course, you got the point. They run on oil or fossil fuel. And burning oil helps to contribute on the climate change. This is an indirect way that is deteriorating the environment.
- Deforestation: some of the readers may disagree with this point. But you have to admit that deforestation is random there. Where there is ecotourism, you need accommodation. So, to accommodate the tourists, forests are cut down indiscriminately. As a direct result, the environment is losing its valuable resources. People cut down trees to make structures to live there.
- Endangering wildlife: the wildlife is in danger in those areas. They suffer acutely from the shortage of their living space. Usually, forests are the place where they live. But when the deforestation takes place, they experience directly. When you cut down trees, there are no places for the birds to stay. Besides, the other wild animals also lose their habitats. At the same time, they are on the verge of extinction. We are directly and indirectly accelerating the process.
- Animal trafficking: Animal trafficking is one of the worst impacts. Some of the dishonest travelers smuggle the wild animals. They sell animals to museums or private collectors. As a result, they get a smart amount of money. The allurement of money compels them to get engaged in animal trafficking. There are large rackets of such traffickers. They visit the spots to find out the animals.
Later, they get the animals and smuggle them into different countries.
First of all, the forests lose their animals. Secondly, there is an imbalance in nature. There is a food chain in view. When you break the chain, you will also face the heat. Everyone has to suffer for animal trafficking. Sometimes, poachers even start their hunts. They kill the animals to get some valuable parts from them. Then, they sell the parts at a higher price. Consequently, the overall environment of the spots suffers the blow.
- Extinction of locals: when a place gets the title of the eco-tourist spot, the locals also suffer. To house the visitors, they often become rootles. They get eviction from their healthy counterparts. Development initiatives take place there. The location which was charming once becomes too crowded. Urbanization leads to the destruction of natural shades. When you talk with people, they will express their sufferings.
- Harms ecosystem: the entire ecosystem of the spots suffers many detrimental impacts. Firstly, when people gather at the place, the natural environment collapses. The surrounding system also suffers directly from the situation. The soils need to produce more foods. So, growers apply chemicals to the food crops. The water with chemicals gets mixed with the adjacent water bodies. The marine resources face the damages. When people want to catch fishes, they cannot get fresh fishes.
The entire chain breaks down. So, the people who are causing the damages also suffer to some extents. The presence of humans in plenty also leaves their footprints there. Thus, the overall ecosystem gets the damages.
- Damages local cultures: when there are new people, they practice their customs. But the problem occurs in a later phase. As the locals come in contact with foreigners, they want to copy. Consequently, the locals lose their features. They start to copy the others. They change their attire, the way of talking. Even more, some of them change the religion too. All the things cast some negative impacts on the locality. But if there were no ecotourism there, there would not have been so changing.
The prevention of the degradations is not natural. The ecotourism has become one of the largest profitable businesses. A vast number of global corporations are busy with this sector. They are building many lodging and facilities across the world. They aim to attract eco-tourists.
With an increased number of tourists, they will be able to make more profit. In reality, the scenario is more dangerous than your imagination. After reading the blog, you would not have the slightest idea about the aftermaths.
The larger corporations have expressed high interests in ecotourism. Even, they have strong ties with the government of respective countries. Most of the government high-ups favor the companies.
But that is not a problem at all. Travelers want to visit newer spots – they will attend. One thing should be in their mind. They should not spoil the environment.
The following measures could help to prevent the environment losses.
– A homework: the visitors should come with a groundwork while visiting the areas. They should know about the DOs and DON’Ts of the places. If they have a sense of awareness, they will not damage the environment. Adjustment becomes impossible at times for nature. So, people should be sensible.
– Proper permission: the authorities need to be strict in this case. They should arrange for permission to visit the eco-tourist spots. Besides, the administration should also be careful about the types of visitors. The entrance of everyone should be banned around the year. Instead, there should be provisions for seasonal visits.
– Banning illegal activities: even more, the government can impose a stringent ban on illicit activities in the spots. Strict punitive measures will prevent the visitors to abstain from those activities.
We live on this beautiful planet. Nature is generous in different terms. But we are damaging nature as well as the environment. Ecotourism is a great way to get some pleasure.
But when we visit the places, we forget some critical issues. We damage the environment in every possible way. This is bad luck that we cannot realize how important it is to preserve the spots.
For sustainable living, this is highly important. If you travel more, you will have more experience. But if we keep destroying the environment, our future generation will have nothing left.
Therefore, we need to be careful about the matter. We also should keep in mind that we too will get damaged in the long run.
When there are no food grains, life would be difficult. Can anyone intake dollars to fill the hunger? Of course, this is inappropriate. We cannot do so.
We need foods. A decent place to live is common for everyone. But the negative impacts of ecotourism will gradually grab us all.
Hence, this is highly important to be careful unless it is too late. Nothing in the world comes with almost zero level demerits.